By: Dennis MacDonald
Greater Tampa REALTORS® has evolved significantly over the past three years. We have completely overhauled our branding, building, customer service, benefit offerings, committee structure, policies, personnel and procedures. Our Association has been able to successfully execute these strategic initiatives, which has brought us a long way in a short amount of time because of our dedicated leadership team and talented staff. Their commitment to the furtherment and betterment of this member-driven organization is absolutely second to none. Our 2019-2020 strategic plan will continue to guide this Association to the highest standards of excellence.The five overarching goals will be beacons of inspiration to all the volunteer groups, which direct the Association from our smallest task forces to the Board of Directors.
The essence of everything we do will always resonate in the five strategic areas of focus:
- Influence – Constantly expanding our influence, authority and value with consumers, community, media and legislators
- Value – Actively seek out and deliver benefits that demonstrate our value to real estate professionals and consumers
- Engagement – Continually monitor and enhance our member engagement
- Resource – Be the premier source of education for real estate not only for our members, but also for our community
- Innovation – Actively evolve the Association through innovative, forward thinking initiatives
Here is a list of some of the projects and initiatives that are already in progress:
- Expanding our Tampa parking lot from approximately 88 paved spots to approximately 155 (paved) spots
- Analyzing metrics to determine ideal locations for additional satellite service offices and classrooms
- Developing professional production studio quality videos for our members to use, which highlight the numerous areas of Tampa Bay that make our region the ideal destination to live, work and play
- Personal office visits and calls from staff to brokerages to get your feedback and address your concerns
- Centralize all your membership benefits to a single online resource page (local, state and national benefits) for easy access
- All new affiliate discount directory with deals from trusted local affiliates
- Expanding involvement in government affairs into Pasco County
- Centralizing all the local housing related resources to a single online resource page for our local consumers, while simultaneously leveraging the importance of using a Greater Tampa REALTOR® and how to find one
- In house Greater Tampa REALTORS® studio for building an on-demand library of content and enhancing our video production capabilities
- Complete overhaul of our new member orientation programs for REALTORS® and Affiliates
- Creating a curriculum of classes that will teach members how to thrive in all stages of the real estate market cycle
- Preparing the organization to maintain sustainability in times of economic instability
This is your house and we want you to have pride in your membership whether you are calling in, emailing or visiting one of our three locations. Providing stellar member services is our number one priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. If you have any suggestions or would like to share your experience, please feel free to give me a call, send me an email or just stop in and say hello!
I am humbled and honored to serve as your CEO and I want you to have the best experience imaginable every time. I am so grateful to be a part of this outstanding Association and I am looking forward to having the best year ever!