REALTORS® looking for both expanded and unique opportunities would do well to consider a specialization in global.
More buyers from around the globe purchase real estate in Florida than in any other U.S. state.
From NAR’s 2021 Profile of International Residential Real Estate Activity survey:
- $12.3 Billion: Dollar volume of Florida’s existing homes purchased by foreign buyers during August 2020–July 2021, which is 5% of the dollar volume of Florida’s existing home sales (22% decrease from the prior 12-month level of $15.6 billion)
- 22,500: Number of existing homes purchased in Florida by foreign buyers, which is 4% of existing-home sales (34% decrease from the prior 12-month period level of 33,900)
- 71%: Share of foreign buyers whose primary residence is abroad (non-resident foreigners)
You can view more findings from this report on page 12.
I invite all members to talk about all things Global during our GTR Global networking mixer at Brio Italian Grille! Make new connections and reconnect while discussing new trends, topics, and tips occurring in the international real estate market.
The event takes place on Wednesday, September 7, 2022
from 5:30 to 7 p.m. I hope to see each and every one of you there.
As a Global Business Council Member, you’ll gain access to unique programming designed specifically for the global practitioner.
- Broaden your knowledge of international tax and immigration
- Discover the latest international trends and opportunities for
- Expand your referral base by networking with local, state and national entities
Learn more at tamparealtors.org/global.
Finally, through Greater Tampa REALTORS® you can explore National Association of REALTORS® certification as a Certified Internal Property Specialist. The comprehensive program includes five full days of study focusing on critical aspects of international real estate. With the CIPS certification, you also will join an influential network for more than 2,000 professionals.
Greater Tampa REALTORS®