Many of our membership/member service related questions can be answered below. Members can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a quicker response.
Member Portal (MyGTR)
No, you will be able to use your MLS services 24 to 48 hours from the time that your application has been processed.
Yes, you may attend classes before attending the orientation.
Yes, you may obtain the lock box key on the same day that you apply with GTR.
Orientation is held in person in the GTR Auditorium.
Yes, you may attend MLS classes prior to attending the Orientation.
Please complete the GTR Membership application online and send it GTR for processing. You may submit the application via the following methods:
Brandon Office | 1503 S. US-301 | Tampa, Fl | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tampa Office | 2918 W. Kennedy Boulevard | Tampa, FL 33609 | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wesley Chapel Office | 2224 Ashley Oaks Circle, Suite 101 | Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Zephyrhills Office | 5026 7th Street, Zephyrhills, FL 33542 | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dues are paid at the time of application along with MLS participation. First year dues depends upon the month of the application because dues are prorated monthly. Membership renewals are billed on October 1st of each year. The dues must be received by December 7th to avoid a late fee. MLS participation is based on a fiscal year with begins June 1st and ends May 31st.
All applicants applying for REALTOR® membership with GTR must first sign up with the broker of record who is a member with GTR and the applicant’s license must be registered with the DBPR under that broker’s office.
The Code of Ethics course is not included in Orientation, however, we have an option to do both in the same day.
According to the GTR Policy and Procedure Membership procedures:
Adding a Licensee
- To add a new licensee the Designated REALTOR®, Broker, Certified Appraiser shall send a copy of DBPR Form RE 10 with the membership application to the Association office within 10 days after execution of the DBPR Form RE 10.
According to the GTR Policy and Procedure page 30, Membership procedures:
- If a licensee does not choose to become a member of the Association and does not comply with Paragraph 2 above, all appropriate fees shall be assessed the Designated REALTOR®, Broker, Certified Appraiser as of the date indicated on DBPR Form RE 10.
Every New REALTOR® must complete the Mandatory classes within 60 days. Those classes are:
- New Member Orientation
- NAR Code of Ethics
- MLS Basic
- MLS Compliance 101
January 1st to December 31st is the entire billing cycle
June 1st to May 31st is the entire billing cycle for MLS services
The bill is structured by the month you join the Association. Depending on which month you join will be prorated on your application. For example, if you join in March, you pay March to December, if you pay May, you pay for May through December.
Like the REALTOR® billing, the MLS is also structured by the month you join. The billing cycle for MLS starts June 1st and ends May 31st If you join in July, you pay for July through May 31st, if you join in November, you pay through November to May 31st.
GTR bills for REALTOR® renewal every year in the beginning of October. GTR collects all New Member applicants REALTOR® Dues for the following year as well as the prorate of the months that the REALTOR® joins.
MLS bills for MLS renewal every year in the beginning of April. If a member joins in April, they will finish the current billing cycle they join as well as pay for the next cycle. GTR collects all New Member applicant’s MLS payments on behalf of Stellar MLS ( formerly known as My Florida Regional MLS).
For example, if an Agents joins in April, they pay from April to May 31st the following year. If they join in May, they pay for May to May 31st the following year. If they join in March, they will be billed again for MLS participation in April.
REALTOR®: If you join between January and March, your next Bill will be your MLS Fees on April 1st. Follow by your REALTOR® Dues in October.
MLS: If you Join between April and September, your next bill will be in October 1st for MLS. Follow by your REALTOR® dues renewal by October 1st.
GTR will only collect the payments either by Credit Card or Check. GTR does not accept cash or over the phone payments.
You will need to complete a new member application and obtain a letter of good standing from your current association. To submit your application and letter, please send your documents to email@example.com.
Active District 6 members becoming GTR primary members will have the application fee waived
District 6 Associations:
- Florida Gulfcoast Commercial Association
- Pinellas Suncoast Association
- West Pasco Board
Any active GTR member transferring to another GTR office would need to complete the Transfer Form 99.
Please call GTR for an Authorization Code if you already have a Ekey setup on your account.
If a current member would like to get a Supra eKey, they must go to one of the following offices to activate a key:
- Brandon Office | 1503 S. US-301 | Tampa, Fl | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tampa Office | 2918 W. Kennedy Boulevard | Tampa, FL 33609 | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wesley Chapel Office | 2224 Ashley Oaks Circle, Suite 101 | Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Zephyrhills Office | 5026 7th Street, Zephyrhills, FL 33542 | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fee Schedule: $50 to activate, $14.03 for services, billed monthly on the 25th.
The National Association of Realtors requires every REALTOR® to complete a biannual Code of Ethics. Stellar MLS (formerly known as My Florida Regional MLS). requires all subscribers to complete their Compliance Refresh course every 2 years. Both classes are required, and they are not the same course.
Please contact our member services department by email or phone to get your email address updated on MLS. After Member Services processes your request, it takes 24-48 hours for your account to reflect the update.
If your board shares the same MLS with GTR, you will need to contact Member Services for status in your MLS
Our Shareholder Organizations are listed below:
- Bartow Board of REALTOR® Inc
- East Polk County Association of REALTOR®
- Englewood Area Board of REALTOR®
- Lakeland REALTOR®
- Okeechobee County Board of REALTOR®
- Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
- Osceola County Association of REALTOR®
- Pinellas REALTOR® Organization
- Punta Gorda-Port Charlotte-North Port Association of REALTOR®
- REALTOR® Association of Lake & Sumter
- REALTOR® Association of Sarasota & Manatee
- Venice Area Board of REALTOR®
- West Pasco Board of REALTOR®
- West Volusia Association of REALTOR®
- Central Pasco Association of REALTOR®
- Lake Wales Association of REALTOR®
- Puerto Rico Association of REALTOR®
As quoted by NAR WEBSITE, “Under previous jurisdictional policies of the National Association, REALTORS® were required to join the board where their principal place of business is located, prior to joining any other board. The “Board of Choice” concept allows REALTORS® to choose the board to which they want to belong since the factors they decide are most important rather than being limited by office location or jurisdictional boundaries. At the same time, services of other boards are available without the necessity of holding membership in those boards.”