REALTORS® are required by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) to complete 3 hours of Code of Ethics training within two-year cycles. For the current cycle, all training must be completed between January 1, 2019 to December, 31, 2019.
- If you last completed your ethics training prior to 2019, You MUST select an option below and complete your option prior to Dec. 31, 2020.
- If you need to check your last ethics training date, please Visit www.realtor.org, sign in to manage account, and view education records. For sign in assistance, please contact NAR at 1-800-874-6500.
Ethics and Business Practices:
Under the new FREC rules that were announced October 2017, a three-hour Ethics and Business Practices course became mandatory as part of the renewal requirement. Under the continuing education 14-hour requirement, a real estate licensee with renewal after March 31, 2018, must include:
- 3-hour Core Law course
- 3-hour Ethics and Business Practices course
- 8-hours of Specialty courses (which may include a second Core Law course)
This does not impact post-education requirements that apply to renewal of an initial license.
NAR Ethics Training:
REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional time within two-year cycles. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®.
Now that we’ve clarified each requirement, here’s where the confusion comes in for some.
In some cases, the National Association of Realtors®’ Code of Ethics requirement, may qualify as a CE course under the new Ethics & Business Practices credit category for license renewal. All Ethics & Business Practices courses offered at GTR qualify as a CE course.
While NAR’s FREE online Code of Ethics course does not have CE Credit approved in any state, the National Association of Realtors® and Florida Realtors have partnered with online course providers , such as the CE Shop, VANEd and Interact CE who have it approved for both NAR Ethics Training and FREC’s new Ethics & Business Practices credit requirement.
Live courses such as Code of Ethics through the Florida Realtors CE Express program and GRI Module 101, have also been approved for both Ethics & Business Practices through FREC and meets the NAR requirement .
3 options to complete the Code of Ethics Requirement
At the Association
- Visit the Event Calendar to register for training at GTR. Simple! There is no cost to members.
In Your Office (for Brokers ONLY)
- This option is great for Brokers only! View NAR’s training videos below, host the training at your office and sign the waiver.
- Click here for the Broker Waiver Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Certificate of Completion can be distributed by the broker for any agent listed on the Broker Waiver Form after completing the video series.
For more information, please contact Member Services.