By Dennis MacDonald, Chief Executive Officer
If you are not constantly evolving to meet the needs of your clients and customers, somebody else is. The buzz word of this past decade was without a doubt definitely “disruptors,” and how they are changing our industry… but are they really?
It is not the disruptors that are changing the industry, it is the consumer. Unprecedented convenience has weaved itself into the fabric of our society. The world is at your fingertips. Not anymore, we are handsfree. “Hey Siri!” “Okay Google!” “Alexa!” Is the homebuying process going to be the exception? I don’t think so. These “disruptors” are simply listening and offering up convenience solutions that consumers value.
REALTOR® associations are no different. The needs of our members are evolving. Your leadership sees it, your staff sees it and we are hard at work to help you evolve your businesses. REALTOR® associations must be more than just a gateway to the MLS. We must provide real-time value to our members, and give you the tools and knowledge you need to be successful.
Here are some of our recent endeavors to better serve you:
- Expanded ou GTR local benefits
- FREE access to David Knox video libraries
- FREE SavyCard 2.0 and FREE SavvySigns
- FREE IXACTContact CRM included when joining GTR and only $79 a year when renewing
- FREE Inman Select Subscription
- FREE access to MyCondoPlans
- Local GTR Affiliate Discount Directory
- Access to participate in global inbound and outbound trade missions
- And many more on our one-stop shop local, state and national benefits list page: tamparealtors.org/membership/benefits.
- Community Partnerships
- Founded the Real Estate For All Alliance, which is a collaborative partnership between Asian Real Estate Association of America (AAREA), National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP), National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP), National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB) and the Women’s Council of REALTORS® (WCR) to celebrate and promote diversity, fair housing and unity.
- Partnership with the Salvation Army’s Real Estate for Rehabilitation Program
- Armory Gardens Civic Association community improvement project
- Sponsored Habitat for Humanity Tampa Real Estate Build
- Voice for Children sponsorship
- James Ranch
- Metropolitan Ministries
- Educational Enhancements
- GRI 100 Series for $99 (45-hour post licensing requirement)
- Eight different certifications & designations priced at $49 each
- Increased the quality of the classes offered and the instructors hired
- Core classes for new agents
- Completely overhauled new member orientation (beginning March 2020)
- Strategic curriculum to help you thrive in all stages of the market
- Greater Tampa REALTORS® Real Estate Convention (October 2020)
- Strategic Growth
- Continual exploration to leverage economies of scale with other entities to provide first rate services at the greatest possible value and efficiency
- Researching potential properties in high member concentration and grow areas for potential service centers for member convenience (Tampa, Brandon, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills)
- Parking lot expansion from 88 paved spots to 160+ (breaking ground in 2020)
Your leadership team and staff are committed to evolving our association to exceed your needs. 2020 is a new decade and we are setting the bar higher and higher each year. Your open and honest feedback is critical to ensuring the right changes are being made. I would love to speak with you and hear your ideas and thoughts on the changes you have seen and what you think should be our next initiative.