This award is given to the member who once in a lifetime exemplifies what it means to be a REALTOR®. They have been active in the Association and community, contributing freely of themselves and their talents. They volunteer because they know one person can make a difference. They are committed to excellence in their profession and service in their clubs, churches, and communities. They are ongoing examples of the professionalism exemplified by the Code of Ethics to which they subscribe. Current officers are not eligible for this award. Criteria includes:
- REALTOR® Spirit: Commitment to laws and regulations of the Association and the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics; Dedicated to furthering principles of good real estate practice among other real estate brokers, the media and the general public.
- Civic Affairs Activity: Local and national level participation in civic and service clubs, charitable activities, political commissions or committees, fraternal or religious groups, etc.
Business Accomplishments: Public recognition of business conduct, service to clients, imaginative and creative advertising programs, rehabilitation work, land utilization, etc.
- Local Association Activity: Committee work, special assignments, seminar activity and educational work, membership and offices held in local chapter or institutes, etc.
- State Association Activity: Committee work, attendance and participation in state convention, director’s meetings, educational conferences, etc.
- NAR Activity: Committee work, membership and work in institutes, societies and councils, attendance at national conventions, director’s meetings, etc.
Established in 2018 and named in honor of the late Vernon E Taylor, 2010 President of the Association. This award is presented to the member with a sterling reputation among his/her peers and who has a minimum of 15 years of exemplary service to Greater Tampa Realtors®. This Realtor® has been there as a mentor to others, invests passionately and continually in RPAC, always steps up when asked, and whose ethics are above reproach. This person has served on OR chaired committees and has dedicated their time, talent and energies for the betterment of our Association and its members. This award is someone all Realtors® are proud to point out and say yes, that person deserves The Distinguished Service award.
Established in 1961 and named in honor of the late Edward T Starr, 1959 President of the Association. This award is given to the Committee Chair who exhibits outstanding leadership to the committee for the current year. It defines the Chair’s leadership style to include time spent, efforts made, who benefited and why, and any other specific details.
This award honors a deserving Realtor® with 2 years or less tenure in the real estate profession.
IMPORTANT To the person nominating this candidate: The two questions below MUST be answered.
O Does your nominated candidate practice real estate as a full-time profession to the best of your knowledge?
O How many hours per week (on average) does your nominated candidate work in the real estate profession?
Must ask them. Hours per week
Criteria should include but is not limited to:
- Tenure as a REALTOR® two (2) years or less
- Ethical practices
- Participation in Association activities. Example: Serve on Committee, attend GARD and/or State Convention, invest in RPAC, write article for GTR magazine, attend GTR functions, work toward NAR designations
- Active in community affairs. Example: Serve on Committee, any volunteer work in Community
Established in 1964 and named in honor of the late C Ed Owings, 1961 President of the Association. This award is given to a REALTOR® who has performed outstanding service to the community for a minimum of 3 years in the Tampa Bay Area.
This award is given to the member who meets the following criteria which should include but is not limited to:
- Involved in the saving of human lives or to the alleviation of suffering
- Concerned with or seeking to promote human welfare
- Performs charitable and philanthropic acts of kindness
This award is given to an Affiliate who has been a member of the Greater Tampa REALTORS® a minimum of three years (including year nominated). This company or person has been involved in events and activities in the Association. Ex: Orientation, Educational Sponsor, Event Sponsor, etc