As we move into a new government administration and legislative sessions, Greater Tampa REALTORS® is pleased to periodically bring our newest GTR feature to you, the Governmental Affairs and Public Policy Update. This update will highlight the latest initiatives that may directly impact your business, our community and the real estate industry at all levels. We want to ensure that you stay informed. This month our Governmental Affairs Committee had a Zoom call with Peter Schorsch, President of Extensive Enterprises and Editor of Florida Politics. During this call, we discussed the political climate in Florida, the upcoming legislative session and politics affecting the Tampa Bay Area. I encourage you to take the time and watch the recap of our call.
For more information on the policies discussed in the January Governmental Affairs Committee meeting, download our Greater Tampa REALTORS® Public Policy Report. This report provides an overview of important real estate issues that we are tracking at the local, state and federal levels. In the January 2021 Report you will find information on:
- Land Use (Hillsborough County)
- Mobility/Transportation Fee (Hillsborough County)
- Transportation Workshop (Hillsborough County)
- Tampa Streetcars (City of Tampa)
- Development in Coastal High Hazard Area (City of Tampa)
- Fencing Standards (City of Tampa)
- Public Street Parking (City of Tampa)
- Alcohol Beverage Permitting (City of Tampa)
- COVID-19 Relief Package (State & Federal)
- Pasco County Rental Registry (Pasco County)
In addition to our monthly report, I encourage you to sign up for REALTOR® Party Mobile Alerts. This texting platform is a great way to stay connected with NAR’s Advocacy program. When a national or state legislative call for action is launched, subscribers get a short text message containing information to take action.
Sign up today by texting the word REALTORS to 30644
Should you have questions, please contact our Governmental Affairs Manager Jacob Bruynell at firstname.lastname@example.org.